In this article, you will learn how you can customize the emails sent from Lemontaps to users and new contacts according to your corporate design and wording. This will ensure a consistent appearance and a strong brand identity in your correspondence.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Email templates
- Language settings
- Customize email templates - drag & drop
The following templates can be customized:
1. Invitation emails to employees: These are the emails that are sent as soon as you create and invite users via the Admin Dashboard.
2. Contact form - email to contact: This is the email that is sent as soon as someone signs up to the contact form. The email contains the contact data file (.vcf) and the link to the digital business card profile.
3. Contact form - internal notification: Your users receive this email as soon as someone registers with you in the contact form.
Please note that emails such as "Set new password" cannot currently be personalized.
Dive into the details with us now!
You can create emails in different languages and depending on the language setting of the user or profile visitor, the email will be sent in the corresponding language.
Create the email for each language.
What is the "default" language for?
The default language is used as a fallback language if no language has been assigned to the user or profile visitor. For example, if you say that if the language settings are unclear, it is likely that the person speaks English, then create the default language in English.
Customize Email Templates - Drag & Drop
The editor is divided into 3 parts.
In the middle is the email template, on the right are the editing options and on the left you will find new elements that you can add to the email template.
1. Select an email template: e.g. "Invitation emails to employees" and language "German"
2. Customize the subject: On the right-hand side, you have the option of defining the subject. In the example subject, you will also see a placeholder that would insert your organization name. You can find out more about placeholders in the next section.
3. Customize elements in the email template: Click on the individual elements of the template and you can, for example, click directly on the text and write something new straight away. At the same time, the editing options for each element appear on the right-hand side. You can simply move the elements using drag and drop. As soon as you have clicked on an element, you can also delete it again.
4. Add new elements: On the right-hand side, you have the option of adding the following elements:
- Additional text elements
- Divider: This is a dividing line
- Wrapper: This is a group that you can create, to which you can add further elements
- Layout columns: For example, a layout with 2 columns.
5. Preview: In the center, when you click on the "Desktop" or "Mobile" icon, you have the option to preview the desktop and mobile version.
6. Send test email: Click on the Send test email button and enter an email of your choice. Test how the email looks in "live" and check everything again.
7. Save: Don't forget to save the new email!
You can use the following placeholders in the email templates, which will be replaced accordingly:
Invitation emails to employees:
$firstName$ -> first name of the user
$lastName$ -> last name of the user
$company$ -> company name of the user
Contact form - e-mail to contact:
$NAME$ -> First and last name of the Lemontaps user
$VCARD_LINK$ -> URL which automatically downloads the .vcard (contact file)
$ACCOUNT_PUBLIC_URL$ -> URL which opens the Lemontaps profile
$PROFILE_PIC_URL$ -> Profile picture of the user
Contact form - internal notification:
$RECEIVER_NAME$ -> First and last name of the Lemontaps user
$LEAD_URL$ -> URL, which leads to the contact page of the new contact
$LEAD_NAME$ ->First and last name of the new contact
$LEAD_EMAIL$ -> Email of the new contact
$ORGANIZATION_NAME$ -> The organization name you entered under "Team settings" -> "Organization"
$COMPANY_NAME$ -> The company name that is stored in the respective Lemontaps profile
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article